Saturday, March 30, 2013

So Right Now Today 03/30/2013

Well it is the end of the week after chemo treatment #4 with the new drug.  Normally on Saturday morning of chemo week I awake with nausea, but not today.  I had pointed this out to my doctor and again he felt I should not be experiencing nausea, so he did have them give me anti-nausea as the last step during the chemo treatment on Monday.  So perhaps that is working still!!  Amazing.  Can't help but wonder what all this 'stuff' is doing to my insides.  I believe it is all working to my good, to my complete healing and restoration.

I had a stressful work week, so I hope I did not impact my healing process.  I know I should not think this way, but there, I said it.  I sometimes feel work stress can indeed impact this healing process.  But I immediately tell myself no, that I'm okay.  I was just so glad for Friday to arrive.  So anticlimactic in a lot of respects. But I will be just fine.  I feel good about my accomplishments, and sometimes that is all that matters.

My doctor and his nurse are both very pleased and happy with my progress.  And they were gushing about it.  They are very pleased with 'all my levels' is how they say it.  I know I do feel good, well considering and relatively speaking.  Only three more treatments to go.  It is really starting to feel like I'm almost done with this portion at least.  In the beginning it seemed so very far away.  Again though I will not even think past the next session.

My doctor speaks about my weight in kilograms! (Makes me sound skinny) Did I share this already?  Well anyway, my point is that he also feels I should not be losing weight - and believe me I am not.  And he is happy about that.  Again the drugs promote my appetite, even though I can barely taste what I am eating!  That is quite frustrating for me, to be hungry and wanting to eat, yet nothing has a truly discernible taste.  And yes, I go ahead and eat.  I wonder how long it will take for my taste buds to return to normal after the treatments are complete?

I am also not feeling weak as I usually would feel after the other chemo treatments.  So perhaps not a side-effect of this new drug.

I remain hopeful and happy and full of positive expectations!!

2 comments:

  1. I empathize with your eating frustrations. Since everyone's individual, it might be good to ask the Doc what the estimate is. Glad to hear your energy level is good. And yes, you're right about stress. Is it possible to step away during the work day and take a 20 min walk or listen to some fav songs for 20 min or read some Bible passages for 20 min? Basically anything to break your mind away from work for some de-stressing minutes.
    Wishing you a Happy Easter and a good week coming up. - Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, The sun was out all day today and I know it was shining just for you. Stay positive and kick the stress to the curb! Work is important but your "job" is to get well.
    Love Always,
    Joan
    PS: give Dave a hug from me

    ReplyDelete