Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Reactions and Feelings

It took the doctor telling me three times I had breast cancer before it registered in my brain.  The third time she was holding my shoulders and about 3 inches from my face as she recognized I was really not hearing her.  Ok, I hear you.  And she kept saying 'we're going to fix this' and I was saying back to her 'yes, we are, I believe you'.  And to me, that was that.  'Nough said, let's get going doc. (Course I didn't say this out loud to her, but that was my attitude.  I just did not feel it was very serious.)

I remained positive.  I was in shock.
 
I remained scared at the same time.  I was in shock.

But my faith sustains me.  I have been through so many trials these last 4-5 years and this is viewed as another trial, another test of my faith.

To get through this trial though God has given me a special partner, my husband, who is oh so supportive and loving and understanding.  He is my cheerleader.  He is my soul mate.  He cried with me when I returned home to share the news.  He consoles me when I have my pity parties.  He spoils me rotten and I love it!

Word spread quickly around the office, course I did not mind sharing.  Talking about this is so freeing and it really does help my mind realize the sadness (my name for the 'c-word') is not a death sentence.  And in the meantime I am awaiting my chemo schedule, so what better to do than get lost in work.  The folks at work are so supportive showering me with cards and emails and even food!!  Really made me realize how my co-workers feel about me.

And my family and friends of course show their love and support as well.

I feel totally surrounded by a huge group hug.  And I feel there is a ton of constant prayer and good wishes for me being sent up to Heaven.  What more could I ask for?


1 comment:

  1. You couldn't ask for one single thing more. You are loved. :-)

    ReplyDelete