Monday, May 6, 2013

The Last Chemo Treatment

Yeaaaa!!!  Yippee!  WooHoo!!  Hallelujah!!

Today was THE LAST chemo treatment.  The LAST ONE everybody!!  I am ecstatic.  The first one was on January 28, which seems like eons ago.

So next steps:  Next Monday, 5/13, I meet with the radiation doctor.  I will learn what that is all about.  My oncologist feels they probably won't start radiation for two weeks after that meeting, but we shall see.  I don't know what all to expect, but I will learn on 5/13.  As for my oncologist, I see him again in 8 weeks, which will be approximately July 1; he had them schedule the appointment already.

I know I have not written in a number of weeks.  Mostly due to not feeling up to it.  And now that chemo is over, I'll post again once I find out the specifics for the radiation.  Not sure if I will continue this blog.  I'm thinking on that.

Next steps for me: the next two weeks I will go through the side effects from this last chemo treatment and come two weeks from today I am hoping to have the strength to go to the office.  My doctor said each treatment makes me weaker, and I found that yesterday and today (prior to chemo) I was awfully weak.  I will see what that day two weeks from now brings.

It is going to be "interesting" watching and feeling my body return to the "before me".  Especially my eyebrows!  I just look so funny to me without them.  And also my brain - cannot forget about the gray matter.  It is interesting how I have some very strong mental days; and then some so-so mental days. I don't believe it has gotten worse than just "so-so".  Dave said he would let me know if I do.

Feeling so blessed just knowing that two weeks from today I DO NOT HAVE an appointment for chemo treatment.

And also feeling blessed to have the next moment.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! On having 1/2 the battle completed. Thank you for always keeping us updated. Don't worry about have "so-so" mental days - I didn't know there were any other kind of mental days! Lol. I'm surprised that you are ready to close up shop here already; we'll see where your thoughts take you. I, too, haven't written in a while. I bring up a blank screen & stare at it, then close it. It'll be there when I'm ready.

    Sending you major love, strong hugs, peace, strength & blessings. Love, me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon...checked in for a progress report....sooooo happy to know you are doing well and getting better.
    I too hope that you would keep this site going...even though i dont always comment...i do check in!!!
    hugs and prayers to you,
    April

    ReplyDelete